Old 05-04-2007, 10:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Renee Renee is offline

Default Russian vine

Norman Digger wrote:

I once grew one along a fence. By the second year it had completely taken
over the fence and was scrambling up onto an out house roof. The problem was
it needed trimming every one or two weeks in Summer - it put out shoot
around a foot long each week! I've never known a plant grow so fast.
We've since sold the house. I'd be curious to see if the vine is still there
or if it has completely taken over the entire terrace row.

Thanks for this, Norman. If you or anyone else has ideas for
alternatives, I'd appreciate it. I don't want to have to be cutting it
back every week.