Old 05-04-2007, 02:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Serena Blanchflower Serena Blanchflower is offline

Default Russian vine

* Renee wrote, On 05/04/2007 12:05:

I posted them earlier, Nick. I'm looking for something that will cover
a fence that is roughly 25 foot long by 5 foot high. I want something
with small flowers, easy to maintain, and which will also mask the
fence, which is quite unsightly. I'm not sure about the soil, but the
fence is south-facing. There used to be blackberry bushes there, but
we had them all uprooted years ago. (Although shoots sometimes still
appear through the lawn!)

I'd go for a number of smaller climbers, so that you can have interest
at different times of the year. On a similar length of fence in my
garden, I've got honeysuckle, a couple of roses, jasmine, japonica and
a couple of different clematis.

--
Cheers, Serena

My mind not only wanders, it sometime leaves completely.