Old 05-04-2007, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default Three sisters bed

Has anyone tried (successfully or not!) planting a "Three Sisters
Bed", where you plant sweetcorn, climbing beans and squashes in one
bed?
I'd like to try it, but in reading up on it, it seems to need careful
planning, so as not to get the beans ahead of the sweetcorn.
Carol Klein did it in her recent Veg programme but I can't remember
the result! I think timing must be crucial.
You can read about it at the end of this article by Carol Klein, from
the Guardian on line.
http://tinyurl.com/2zd72a
TIA

Pam in Bristol