Old 05-04-2007, 05:13 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_6_] Reel McKoi[_6_] is offline

Default How do I fertilize lilies growing on cement?

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message

brevity snip

But I tend to agree with you, anyway. I haven't fertilized since my very
early water-gardening days, and I get more blooms than ever.

This fascinates me and has since you first mentioned it. Your lilies are
feeding on something. How often do you clean your pond? I mean pump it out
and refill it so heavy mulm doesn't collect on the bottom. Is it just fish
waste feeding the lilies or is there runoff from the lawn? Are there other
plants in your pond or just the lilies? The "fertilizer" fueling them has
to be coming from somewhere.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.