Old 06-04-2007, 12:37 AM posted to rec.gardens
Charles[_1_] Charles[_1_] is offline

Default Need help deciphering my soil test results!

On 5 Apr 2007 16:25:14 -0700, "skunker" wrote:

On Apr 5, 5:03 pm, Charles wrote:
On 5 Apr 2007 14:51:17 -0700, "skunker" wrote:

Okay folks,
Sent some soil out to get tested by my local Extension and I am a
little confused about what the results mean. I've linked them here.
Can someone go through each one and tell me if it's bad/good and what
I need to do? I have St. Augustine Grass and am located in San
Antonio.

Front Yard:
http://www.voyagewest.com/temp/soil1.gif

Back Yard:
http://www.voyagewest.com/temp/soil2.gif

It will be interesting to see what others say, but to me it looks
good, add a bit of nitrogen fertilizer, ammonium sulfate or urea,
whatever is available, and enjoy the good soil you have. Enough of
the good stuff you want, not too much of the bad stuff you don't want.

Thanks, but that's what I am talking about, I don't know what to look
for! I don't know anything about this. Is there a "one size fits all
bag" that has this for me or do I need to like buy a little of this, a
little of that, and mix it all up into one pot and then spread it?

Oh, and what are you growing? Grass, flowers, vegetables?