Old 05-04-2007, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Serena Blanchflower Serena Blanchflower is offline

Default Russian vine

* La Puce wrote, On 05/04/2007 16:34:
On 5 Apr, 16:17, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:
| What's a 'Japonica'?

Chaenomeles. All of C. japonica, C. speciosa and C. x superba are
commonly called Japanese quince or japonica.

Thank you. I thought Serena missed something before 'japonica' and I
started going through all the 'japonica' I knew. I didn't know you
called a Chaenomeles just 'Japonica'. I have a lovely one which I have
rescued. It really is a slow grower but it is, with the ribes and the
rhodo the firstspring colours of our garden. It's so delicate and
against the white wall it is just so perfect.

Yes, that does sound lovely. As well as the standard darkish pink one
I've got on the fence mentioned earlier, I've got a couple of white
ones on the front wall, which are very striking.

--
Cheers, Serena

I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a
week, sometimes, to make it up. (Mark Twain)