Old 05-04-2007, 11:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default Bamboo

On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 22:42:26 +0100, "david"
wrote:

How do you prune a Bamboo? The one I have is becoming rather large - do I
just chop bits out of it, cut it back or what?

Any advice welcome.

Takeout complete canes, not parts of canes. It depends what type it
is. Is it spreading or clump-forming? Eventually you may have to dig
some up if it gets too big.
Mine appears to have died after flowering, but I am still hoping it
may shoot out again. However, I am in good company with Westonbirt
and Forde Abbey having had the same thing happen.

Pam in Bristol