Old 19-02-2003, 07:03 PM
M. Tiefert

Default Peppers with mild heat

In article , (Frank Miles) wrote:
In article ,
IC_Gardener wrote:
Can anyone suggest a mildly hot pepper they like to grow? I grow at
least four kinds of sweet bell peppers every year, but I would like to
grow something with a little heat. Something milder than a Jalepeno
would be best. Is there a bell pepper variety with some heat? This
would be for fresh use, not for drying.

I think that some variants of the Ancho/poblanos might work for you.
Check out the catalog from Tomato Growers Supply Co. -- they have
peppers too.

-frank

There are also Anaheims, which are similar to Anchos in heat. Burpee has
a 'hardly-hot' jalapeno variety called False Alarm. Burpee and Parks
both have Salsa Delight, which they say are mild.

cheers,

Marj

* * *
Marj Tiefert: