Old 06-04-2007, 08:14 AM posted to rec.gardens
Travis M. Travis M. is offline

Default Catnip survivability

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..
I planted catnip in my herbal garden because I happen to like the smell
of it.

I realized that sooner or later the neighborhood ferals would start
chomping on it, but I didn't realize the extent of the damage they can
cause.

How well can catnip survive this kind of damage by cats? Is it a very
hardy plant that will recover or might I just as soon plant it indoors
because it won't survive outside? I always got the impression that it
was a weed basically and would recover very fast.

Mine did not survive the 2 or 3 outdoor cats that come to my yard.

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington