Old 06-04-2007, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default So.....

On 6/4/07 11:18, in article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
who's planting what this w/e? Apart from sowing parsley today, of course.
;-) The weather forecast being as it is, we're expecting/hoping for a v.
busy week end but I'm hoping we find enough time to put in a Humulus lupus
aureus to go up part of the front of the house where we've taken down an
unsatisfactory Wisteria. We might team it with one of the darker coloured
and later flowering Clematis because the leaves of the hop show off other
plants to great advantage.
--

I've got lots to plant but unfortunately the space is currently occupied by
builders and rubble. I had a go at cramming in a few plants yesterday only

I bet we've all done that at some time. Did you manage to find a hole for
that Weigela I sent you - hope so because it gets to quite a size!

All the stuff I ordered online in those dark winter months is starting to
arrive and nowhere to put it. A few more pots perhumps.

Always a good solution. ;-) We were talking to someone yesterday who said
that he knew a woman who has a Brugmansia in a huge pot which is on castors
so that it gets wheeled out for the summer and back in for the winter. I
imagine the best way to do that would be with one of those wooden or 'faux
lead' planters that it would be easy to screw castors into.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk