Old 05-04-2007, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com George.com is offline

Default There must be an easy way

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 6/4/07 10:58, in article

,
"Muddymike" wrote:

I am busy spring cleaning in the garden, presently pressure washing the
paving. There must be an easier way of doing this, it takes me hours to
remove the winter grime and algae from our 100s of slabs. The tarmac

drive
is another question, pressure washing seems to dislodge a lot of the

surface
stone.

So how do you remove moss and algae from paths and drives?

Isn't there some stuff called Pathclear that you water on, which kills

moss
and algae? I imagine a weak bleach solution would do it but you don't

want
it near your plants or ponds when you hose it off.

you will have various types of spray on products that kill the moss and
algae. Some have active bleaches, others rely on natural enzymes. Some are
sprayed on and then hosed off, other rely on weathering to do the job over
time. I prefer the enzyme products and natural weathering to do the work. A
spring or autumns dose of rain does most of the work for you.

rob