Old 28-03-2003, 12:32 AM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] Identifying Trees in the wild

"Isom, Jeff (EM, PTL)" wrote:

Thanks to EVERYONE. All suggestions and recommendations were excellent.
And, as at least one person suggested, if I can't identify it and it has a
nice trunk - it's coming home with me! I'll probably never have another
chance like this again. I just wish it would dry out a little bit...I'm
getting a little old to lug around 40 lbs. of mud on each foot while
carrying trees, tools...!

Jeff Isom
Cleveland, OH / Sunset Zone 39

I just tried something this week for dragging stuff around. I have a couple of
black mortar mix pans from Home Depot. I tied a piece of nylon rope in the hole on
one end and put my tools in it and dragged it around on the pastures where I've
been collecting. It works pretty well, and you can put a big tree or several small
ones in it. Dragging it uphill was a chore, but much easier to hold on to than a
gangly tree with roots all over the place.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++