Old 06-04-2007, 12:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea99@googlemail.com is offline

Default There must be an easy way

On Apr 6, 10:58 am, "Muddymike" wrote:
I am busy spring cleaning in the garden, presently pressure washing the
paving. There must be an easier way of doing this, it takes me hours to
remove the winter grime and algae from our 100s of slabs. The tarmac drive
is another question, pressure washing seems to dislodge a lot of the surface
stone.

So how do you remove moss and algae from paths and drives?

Mike

Hi Mike as we are neighbours I have the same problem here! I just use
a very weak solution of bleach in a watering can, say 1 egg-cup of
bleach to 1 gallon, it works. The North side of our house gets very
bad moss and algae on the steps leading down from the sitting room,
without bleach, I wouldn't be able to even use the steps.