Old 06-04-2007, 02:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
MizzGail MizzGail is offline

Default Dormant rose in package

On Apr 2, 10:08 am, "immike" wrote:
On Apr 1, 11:55 am, "MizzGail" wrote:

We bought some dormant rose bushes from a store that are in a plastic
package.
They had some leaves on them when we purchased them. Should they be
kept watered?
It will be another two months before we can plant them.

Unless you are in zone 5 or lower you can plant those roses now. If
you are moving and can't access your new plot I'd suggest donating
them to a neighbor as a parting gift to remember you by.

Mike

We are in Central New York. There is still snow on the ground. I doubt
we can plant them right now. I'm more looking for advise on how to
care for them still in the package until we can plant them. The
package only give planting instructions, not care until you plant them.