Old 28-03-2003, 12:32 AM
Terry Horton

Default What is this shrub?

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 21:13:21 GMT, animaux
wrote:

Yes, thanks to all.

It's definitely a Mexican buckeye. Beautiful.

I planted a 1-gal. by the driveway in a dry corner the sprinkler
system didn't reach. Figured to train it as a tree. But the deer
nipped it and the neighbors on that side installed their own
sprinklers. Two years later that little stick of a plant had become a
massive shrub, so big I had to take it out because we couldn't see
past it to pull into the street. Best foliage/dollar ratio I've ever
had. :-)

They're easily grown from seed, though the fruit is so interesting in
winter you won't want to pick one.