Old 06-04-2007, 03:22 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default Another oil plug story

"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message
Nil said:

On 03 Apr 2007, "Srgnt Billko" wrote in
alt.home.lawn.garden:

Just put fresh gas in my Ariens walk behind and fired it up for
the first time since last fall. Let it run for a few minutes and
then tipped it up to drain and change the oil.

Any reason you change the gas before the oil?

Nil! What you doin' over in this neck of the woods? =)

And, I think the objective was to warm the engine so all of the oil would
drain.
Eggs

Right - and no sense running old gas, which might include condensation,
through the carb - plus it's just nice to know that the engine will start
after sitting for a while.