Old 06-04-2007, 04:02 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default How do I fertilize lilies growing on cement?

On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 13:22:42 CST, Derek Broughton
wrote:

The pond was built by digging a hole, and building up the sides with the
dirt from the hole, so there's no possibility of runoff from the lawn (and
I don't fertilize, anyway). There's some blown dirt - its on the edge of a
farm, and come spring the ice is usually pretty dirty. However, very few
trees, so no leaf debris.

You do have a liner?

I've tried bare root lilies before, and I haven't given up completely,
just keep changing plans, because the last one didn't work. This year
I have a converted hot tub with three lilies, two bare root.

I had shubunkin in the tub, but couldn't keep the water quality up,
so I removed the fish and began adding fertilizer to feed the bare
root lilies. Ingrid is right, enough fertilizer turns the water
green.

Regards,

Hal