Old 06-04-2007, 04:01 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Derek Broughton Derek Broughton is offline

Default How do I fertilize lilies growing on cement?

~ jan wrote:

On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 11:58:25 CST, "drsolo" wrote:

in the frozen tundra of zone 5 (going on 6 due to global warming) more
than
18" -24" is too deep. it takes too much energy and too long to bloom as
it
is. Ingrid

I wonder though, if lily type has a lot to do with production? When I
moved my lilies from 6-8" from the surface down to 20" some (most) have
performed better, and others have not. Flowers seemed bigger.

I'm sure you're right.
--
derek
- Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself, not rec.ponds.moderated