Old 06-04-2007, 07:35 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Derek Broughton Derek Broughton is offline

Default How do I fertilize lilies growing on cement?

Reel McKoi wrote:

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message

Maybe it's the summer heat here but my lilies do best at 18" (pot top to
water surface). I'm in zone 6. Long hot summers and short but often cold
winters.

What kind of water lilies are they to thrive in such deep water? Are they
native to where you live or the ones you can pick up at Lowe's and places
like Wally World?

They're various varieties of Odorata lilies - like you could pick up at
Lowe's if we had Lowe's :-)

Note, these are _old_ lilies - I routinely trim them to about 10" long in
Spring, and sometimes they get so massive they drag their weights and float
to the surface during the summer, then I have to divide them again.
--
derek
- Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself, not rec.ponds.moderated