Old 06-04-2007, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Choosing a Wisteria

On 6/4/07 22:56, in article , "Pam
Moore" wrote:

On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 17:08:25 GMT, "Andrew Newton"
wrote:

Can anyone please explain the difference between W.Sinnesis & W. Floribunda.
Also are there any particular recommended varieties I should look out for.

TIA
Andrew

One twines one way, and one the other but I forget which!
My tip, buy one when it is in flower. I did 2 years ago and it has
flowered each year since. Mine is sinensis and I'm very pleased with
it.

I think W. floribunda has longer racemes and the leaves come out the same
time as the flowers. And you're right about one twining one way and the
other t'other way.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk