Old 07-04-2007, 01:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Poole Dave Poole is offline
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon
Default Embothrium coccineum

Judith.wrote:

Dave, Just where do you get your knowledge from??? I can't find any
more space iin my garden but when I read things like this, I think,
mmmnn, maybe............

No big secret Judith. It was greatly heralded by the RHS back in the
70's and very much an 'in plant' at the time. I had an 8 footer in my
garden in the Midlands, which turned into a pillar of fire every May.
Fabulous thing. Although in highly favourable climates it gets to 40
feet and more, it takes a good while to acheive that and you can
safely consider it to be a shrub for several years. After that you
decide whether to shift other things in its favour, or shift it in
favour of other things. I know which choice I would put my money
on.