Old 07-04-2007, 08:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Embothrium coccineum

On 7/4/07 01:20, in article
, "Dave Poole"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:

Amazing you should say that. ;-) We have it in the large border on the
left of the big lawn as you look from the house.

I thought it strange because I'm sure I've seen it there. However, it
seemed from your post that you weren't growing it.

Sorry, misleading of me. Yes, we've had it there for some time and it's a
lovely sight.

We have some 'babies' in the nursery that aren't ready to go out yet but I'm
just struck by the fact that it's quite rarely asked for but two or three
people have asked for it in the last two days, literally.

Maybe there's an article about Embothrium doing the rounds - I can't
imagine that many of the current bunch of TV gardeners are aware of
its existence.

We watch so few of the programmes now that I thought we might have missed
something. Perhaps it's just coincidence but it's a strange one!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk