Old 07-04-2007, 02:41 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default Filter plants starting to grow - any new ones to recommend?

Our weather has bee in the 70's here in Jackson, MS. The filter
plants are starting to grow. Good idea! The pond is getting a bit
cloudy (hard to see through) as other bio stuff also starts to grow!

The hyacinth is just starting to make daughter plants.
The celery is growing pretty aggressively.
The parrots feather is gently sticking its tips up.
The anacharis has grown well over the winter.
The irises are about 3' tall and blooming
The duckweed is covering the berm filters entirely. It will get
overshadowed by the hyacinth.

I will try to stick some pics up on our website.

Has anyone got any ideas about good plants to add to the filter
system? We are expecially interested in ones that would work early.

Jim