Old 07-04-2007, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Garlic planting -too late?

On 7 Apr, 15:35, David Rance wrote:
On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 Peter James wrote:

Am I too late to plant garlic this year? Alas, I've only just been able to
get the vegetable patch ready.

Much too late. It should be planted preferably in November.

David

--
David Rance http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk
Fido Address: 2:252/110 writing from Caversham, Reading, UK

Depends what you want to do with your Garlic. There is nothing wrong
with planting it now and then using it green, that is using it when
its in full leaf, rather like a thin leek, it's not as strong but
great to cook with, and you get a lot more plant for your money

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries.