Old 07-04-2007, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Absence of neighbour: cutting of hedge?

In article ,
Rhiannon Macfie Miller writes:
| Gregoire Kretz wrote:
| Are you certain the house has been sold?
|
| Yes, absolutely, because yesterday we got a letter through the door from
| the council saying that the new owners were planning to build an
| extension to the house and did we have any objections? I doubt we will
| but I'll try and get a peek at the plans anyway: they might want to do
| something really ugly in which case I'd rather have the hedge!

I STRONGLY recommend doing so, and negotiating with the new owners.
You will never be in a stronger position. If it looks ghastly,
you could reasonably ask for a tall hedge of a different type.
Or whatever.

And don't assume that, because the plans say X, they will even TRY
to do X. Get a commitment in writing.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.