Old 07-04-2007, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Absence of neighbour: cutting of hedge?

On 7/4/07 17:55, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

In article ,
Rhiannon Macfie Miller writes:
| Gregoire Kretz wrote:
| Are you certain the house has been sold?
|
| Yes, absolutely, because yesterday we got a letter through the door from
| the council saying that the new owners were planning to build an
| extension to the house and did we have any objections? I doubt we will
| but I'll try and get a peek at the plans anyway: they might want to do
| something really ugly in which case I'd rather have the hedge!

I STRONGLY recommend doing so, and negotiating with the new owners.
You will never be in a stronger position. If it looks ghastly,
you could reasonably ask for a tall hedge of a different type.
Or whatever.

And don't assume that, because the plans say X, they will even TRY
to do X. Get a commitment in writing.

Wot he sez. And underlined. This is the perfect time to produce
negotiating points! Will the extension take light or privacy from you would
be my first concern. After that, all is up to delicate negotiations and
diplomacy. "You're thinking of adding an extension? How interesting. We
were just thinking the hedge needs ripping out."
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk