Old 07-04-2007, 05:42 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default Filter plants starting to grow - any new ones to recommend?

On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 07:41:21 CST, "Phyllis and Jim"
wrote:

Has anyone got any ideas about good plants to add to the filter
system? We are expecially interested in ones that would work early.

I use parrot feather over winter. It grows back right after being
frost bitten to the waterline. Cannas begins to grow at about 40F and
so do cattails. Tall plants though, a bit of a problem when the wind
blows.

Regards,

Hal