Old 07-04-2007, 09:03 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
cardarch cardarch is offline

Default Need help with springtime maintanence of lawn

My lawn will never be fabulous but I like to try and I really need
some help in deciding what to do. I looked at the Scott's products and
the one with the weed killer says not to use it when the grass has
grass seedling nor should I plant grass seeds in 3 months of
application. I do have seedlings.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...sseedlings.jpg

So I think I should not use the Scott's product with Halts.

I do have weeds though.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...dbrownweed.jpg

The worst thing is there are brown spots that appeared last summer.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...omlastyear.jpg

AND there is somekind of grass plant in the lawn that I would like to
get rid of. It turns brown in the winter. Other people have it as
well.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...weirdbrown.jpg

I would be very grateful if someone could help me and suggest what to
do now. I live in the Philadelphia area of Pennsylvania. What
products should I use now? Thank you very much for any advice.