Old 08-04-2007, 12:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Diana Kulaga Diana Kulaga is offline

Default Virus 4/4

Y'know, this should give us all pause. I expected to see something totally
different from what you posted. I guess I was thinking in terms of TMV.
Still, unless your plants are spotless (and few of us can claim that), it
seems almost impossible to tell whether you have virused plants or fungus or
something else.

Thrips? I have had thrips in the past, but they haven't damaged leaves.
Roots, yes, on Vandas. When I saw what you thought was thrip damage on
leaves, I thought mites.

Cheese, back to square one.

Diana

"John Varigos" wrote in message
om...
Thanks for sharing Kathy

Your photos of virused plants led me to two thoughts

1. How easily one can spread virus if not careful (and even if one is
careful) and how difficult it is to identify in some cases.
2. There is money to be made if one can devise a quick, simple and cheap
test for the common viruses.

John

"K Barrett" wrote in message
news
Last one. Lc Kiritsubo. Again the black dots on the leaves. I thought it
was thrips. [sigh]

K Barrett