Old 08-04-2007, 01:23 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
humBill humBill is offline

Default Filter plants starting to grow - any new ones to recommend?

On Apr 7, 6:00 pm, ~ jan wrote:
On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 14:14:56 CST, "Phyllis and Jim"

wrote:
I have never heard of the penny creeper. I will look on Google to see
if I can find it.

Does it have another name? Jim

I wonder if it isn't Creeping Jenny? The name sure could have been changed
around:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/yqv9vz Creeping Jenny does well in flower
beds or wet areas. I use it in my floating islands. I believe Kathy used it
in her center island. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds:www.jjspond.us

No pennywort has much fewer leaves and they are considerably larger.
I have had some that got so big they were almost like miniature water
lilies, 3"? Creeping Jenny is another good one, except I think it
just likes it's 'feet wet'.
Bill