Old 08-04-2007, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default So.....

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 8/4/07 14:39, in article ,
"VivienB" wrote:

On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 14:17:50 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

Have you done the lying on the floor with your head on a telephone

director
thing (or something the thickness of a telephone directory!) It does

seem
to help relax things quite a lot. This time of year seems to result in
'gardener's back' for so many people. ;-(

I have not yet tried lying on the floor - I can imagine it would help.
As it happens, it was not gardening that started the problem, but it
does seem to have aggravated it slightly. I have not been prone to
back problems to date, but this may be a warning to thosw who are!

It might be a good idea to see a chiropractor before it gets worse or

'set'.
People tend to put it off and then think the problem has gone away but

quite
often it's just that the body has adjusted itself to a different position
which, over time, exacerbates the problem.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Rotten things sore backs, I am now after 5 weeks able to function without
industrial strength pain killers/anti inflammatory, in my case its sitting
that is the most painful/uncomfortable thing so going to plant sales in the
van has been sore. My back incidentally doesn't hurt at all, its the cramps
down my leg that won't go away, and all I did was lean under the greenhouse
bench for a tray of plants!!

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk