Old 08-04-2007, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default So.....

On 8/4/07 17:01, in article , "Charlie
Pridham" wrote:

snip

Rotten things sore backs, I am now after 5 weeks able to function without
industrial strength pain killers/anti inflammatory, in my case its sitting
that is the most painful/uncomfortable thing so going to plant sales in the
van has been sore. My back incidentally doesn't hurt at all, its the cramps
down my leg that won't go away, and all I did was lean under the greenhouse
bench for a tray of plants!!

I've slipped lumbar discs three times, once playing tennis at school (which
says everything anyone needs to know about my tennis) once picking up an
onion from the veg. rack, and once picking my purse up from the bed. I
slipped a cervical disc sneezing and that has left me with giddiness
problems ever since and two vertebrae growing 'spurs'. The only consolation
Charlie, is that I was told by a chiropractor that as you get older you're
less like to slip discs, though goodness knows why. Man may have evolved to
the point of making the atom bomb but he hasn't solved the upright spine
dilemma!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk