Old 28-03-2003, 02:32 AM
Sam Williams

Default [IBC] Identifying Trees in the wild

Hey again,

A very helpful hint.... I will try to be as discriptive as possible.

During the winter, poison Ivy looks like slightly zig-zagged, light
grey to brown twigs. The buds are really thin and orange-pink. They have a
large leaf scar. Sometimes you can see the rootlettes on the plants too.
Poison Ivy is also called poison oak in the eastern US. The only true poison
OAK is in the west. But Poison Ivy in the east comes in two forms. The vine
with hair like rootlettes and as plants like a young oak sapling. During
summer, the leaflettes can be oak shaped and/or lance shaped. I hope I was
of some assistance! ( I know how much of a nuisance Poison Ivy is...I have
scars from the pest!)

Sam Williams

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++