Old 09-04-2007, 02:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
gonzo gonzo is offline

Default Cold weather

I expected to see veggie sludge in my cold frame after a week of
overnight lows in the 20s-low 30s, was pleasantly surprised to see the
chinese cabbage going strong - better even than the spinach! Kale
about done in, but could be lack of water. Peas up about 1 inch,
lettuce seedlings showing. Only another week to go, then perhaps back
to more seasonable temps.

In the meantime of course, seedlings ready to revolt in the basement -
I was planning to be able to have them out in the poly tunnel by now!

Zone 5 slogger!