Old 09-04-2007, 03:30 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Derek Broughton Derek Broughton is offline

Default Anti-Frog People Strike Again

Kurt wrote:

Reminds me of an upscale area next to State Park out here in Ventura
County. Ranger told me that one wealthy idiot who lives in big bux home
has been raising hell with Park Service to get owls removed from park
because they keep him up at night.

So many idiots, so little ammunition...

I _can_ understand how owls could be annoying. Every year except last year
we've had Saw-whet owls. Saw-whets emit a 1/2 second "G" about every 1 or
2 seconds (like katydids, frequency seems to be related to temperature).
They could get on your nerves, I guess, but last year I didn't hear a
single one, and I miss them.
--
derek
- Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself, not rec.ponds.moderated