Old 09-04-2007, 01:11 PM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Mulch damaging foundation

We also recommend not using all bark mulch. It does not have the carbon in
a form we need for feeding the soil.
Two articles which refer to mulching can be found he
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/CHEM.html

http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/RHIZO.html

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Arborist
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.

"jsmcast" wrote in message
ups.com...
Has anyone had issues with mulch eroding their foundation? I have
poured walls and the put dark hardwood mulch against it (for the last
three years). I noticed that the foundation was getting lighter (like
it was bleached) and when I went to investigate the areas that had
mulch against it, would flake and fall off. Fortunately I have caught
in time, but I need to know what mulch is safe, if any, to use by my
house's foundation.

Any advice?

-jes