Old 09-04-2007, 01:14 PM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Termites in Compost

I may be wrong, but a exterminator once told me if you transfer the compost
to another area that the termites will not survive the trip. They have to
travel underground.

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Arborist
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.

"k_pip_k" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

I have a compost bin, with a lot of black gold brewing in it with
worms, beetles, centipedes, millipedes and now termites. I need help
figuring out how to get rid of them. Obviously they are very happy in
the bin. I tried turning it over many times, in hopes of finding the
queen, but no luck.

How can I get rid of them without poisons? I don't want to kill all
the beneficial stuff in there, just the termites.

Thanks,