Old 09-04-2007, 06:45 PM posted to rec.arts.bonsai
jadel jadel is offline

Default mealy bugs

On Apr 8, 10:53 pm, "Michelle" wrote:
I have my bonsais and other plants in a sunroom. I have recurring mealy
bugs on several plants. What causes them to occur? ....

Other mealybugs. Your plants have become infested somehow. Mealybugs
thrive indoors and can destroy untreated plants.

Alcohol is one way to deal with them, but you will need to take -all-
the plants outside and treat them with pesticides if you really want
to get rid of the bugs. Mealybugs are persistent and tough to control
without pesticides. Use pesticides specified to control mealybugs,
and be sure the chemicals are compatible with your plants.

Move your bonsai outdoors when conditioins permit. They'll do better
out there.

J. Del Col