Old 09-04-2007, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Plum tree is too big

On 9/4/07 18:50, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 18:50:31 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 9/4/07 18:42, in article
, "Lettuce Pray"
wrote:

I have been asked to prune a plum tree that is too high. The lady
could not reach much of the fruit last year. I have had advice that I
could reduce it's height and start trying to re-train it, but there is
a risk of silver leaf finishing it off. I suspect it is quite an old
tree. It is growing against a south facing wall and must be about 20
feet at it's highest point. What are my options and your opinions?

Offer to pick her plums for her?

Steady on!

Well, we had a woman in the nursery today who was overheard rather loudly
telling her mother that she needed fertiliser for her bush. We all shoved
hankies in our mouths and turned our backs to the 'audience' but quite a lot
of them were reacting in the same fashion!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk