Old 09-04-2007, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert \(Plymouth\) Robert \(Plymouth\) is offline

Default Plum tree is too big

Lettuce Pray wrote:
: I have been asked to prune a plum tree that is too high. The lady
: could not reach much of the fruit last year. I have had advice that I
: could reduce it's height and start trying to re-train it, but there is
: a risk of silver leaf finishing it off. I suspect it is quite an old
: tree. It is growing against a south facing wall and must be about 20
: feet at it's highest point. What are my options and your opinions?
: Thanks, Johnny

I know I wouldn't do anything until the summer