Old 09-04-2007, 04:36 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_6_] Reel McKoi[_6_] is offline

Default Anti-Frog People Strike Again

"Phyllis and Jim" wrote in message
ups.com...
Our pond was just warming up at night when this cold front came it.
Our Fowler's toads are doing their calling thing! Crickets on speed.
Once they get going, we are talking 5-20 at a time...just outside the
bedroom. It is sort of like a train...you get used to it. Too bad
your neighbors haven't.

===================
I'm wondering how Jan's neighbors tolerate the cicadas, birds and crickets
of summer?!?!?! Spring and summer are the time of life and life isn't
silent. How sad they can't just enjoy the sounds of nature. If I had
neighbors like that I'd be in deep trouble because we can't get rid of the
bullfrogs. For every one I haul off to the lake another shows up to take his
place. The only reason I remove them is they eat the smaller koi and
goldfish. The rest of the toads and froggies out there are music to my ears
(as long as they're not under my bedroom window.)
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.