Old 09-04-2007, 08:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
Starlord Starlord is offline

Default Help for a canna novice

Snow on the ground??? Do NOT plant, not yet, Canna love good hot weather,
keep it dry and cool in dark someplace, once the snow is gone and your
getting warm weather, then you can plant it and use a good amount of steer
manua on the ground and it should grow for you. How do I know? Desert Canna
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/canna/ As I live in the High Mojave Desert.

--
There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far across the
universe, with tribes of humans, who may have been the forefathers of the

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
The Church of Eternity
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/church/Eternity.html
AD World
http://www.adworld.netfirms.com/

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Hello all.

For what ever reason, my mom gifted me with a canna tuber (Madame
Butterfly
to be specific).

OK - there is still snow on the ground here in NH and it isn't going to be
warming up soon. SO, should I pot it up and let it get started in the
house
until late May? Or leave it as is until later this month? How big a pot?

HELP!

Cheryl