Old 09-04-2007, 10:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
V_coerulea V_coerulea is offline

Default Warding off the blues (pardon the pun) x2

Looks as good as any greenhouse to me. Nice blooms.
Gary

"tennis maynard" wrote in message
SO, here in the great frozen wastes of Ohio where it is always gray, how
do those of us who don't have greenhouses ward (there's that word
again!) off the blues (or grays if you will)? Well, there are plants in
bloom in the growrooms but they're hard to see and not displayed to
maximum advantage. But...there's also the WARDian case (get it now?) by
the front door where as many bloomers as will fit are placed. It's the
first thing you see as you come in my front door, dividing the entryway
from the living room. And the clear back also makes it visible from
within the room as well. Positioned near the 10' long window and topped
with an old 4-bulb fluorescent fixture (atop the clear glass lid of the
case, not inside), outfitted with two small circulating fans and a
water-retaining lining (always holding water for humidity) it has also
been used as a growing space when necessary. The sliding plexiglass
doors have been easily removed for the photo to limit flash reflection
(which has been blotted out in the back). I made this 4' long, 2.5'
wide, 4' high, formica-lined case about twelve years ago and it has
served me well.