Old 28-03-2003, 03:20 AM
Victor M. Martinez

Default Azaleas

L & S wrote:
I had been led to believe that azaleas do not do well in Austin. Yesterday

You need to do some pampering and you're much more likely to be successful
if you keep them in a pot.

I was at the Zilker Botanical Garden, and they are abloom EVERYWHERE!
Absolutely stunning! Are there special steps that must be taken to ensure
their success - or am I wrong about azaleas and Austin? Thanks for any
advice you can offer. Sarah (who is suffering greatly from azalea envy!)

You need to acidify the soil, which is how they like it. It's a futile battle
in the long run.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv