Old 10-04-2007, 02:37 AM posted to rec.gardens
Manelli Family Manelli Family is offline

Default Coldframe Question

"Ron H" wrote in message
Last year I built a coldframe. My wife moved three flats of marigolds into
it and something promptly ate the tops off of every one of them.... I
didn't think anything ate marigolds! What do you suppose it was? Slugs?
Cutworms? Mice?

Any suggestions to avoid the issue this year BEFORE I move plants out this
year?

If the tops were completely gone I would suspect slugs or large numbers of
some kind of snail. Sprinkling salt around the outer and inner frame should
discourage both of these gross slimy little individuals.

Thanks
Ron H. in West Central Wisconsin

--
This outgoing email was scanned by