Old 10-04-2007, 06:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Dave Gillingham Dave Gillingham is offline

Default QOS Show - Dendrobium bigibbum - I'm depressed

From its growth habit I'd say it was var compactum. I'm so proud when my
compactums get to about 9" high & have 2 or 3 racemes with a few blooms on each.
Sigh! You look at this beauty & the next 2 pics & wonder why you bother.

Not really true, though. OK, I can't match these. Almost certainly these
growers have gone to a great deal of trouble & cost to set up the right
environment. I know Cedarvale Orchids - the third pic - have one shadehouse
especially designed for growing good Cookies (Cooktown Orchids for the
uninitiated). So I'll just continue to be happy with what I can achieve with my
environment.
Dave Gillingham

Attached Thumbnails
QOS Show - Dendrobium bigibbum - I'm depressed-d-bigibbum-1.jpg