Old 10-04-2007, 06:09 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Anti-Frog People Strike Again

On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 09:35:32 CST, "G Pearce"
wrote:

I find it really hard to believe you net all your frogs and relocate them on
an ongoing basis just to appease your snooty neighbours. Have you asked the
police or wildlife people if you have any rights in this regard , or has
this already been visited by you or your 'neighbour'.

Yes, before ever talking to us, even anomalously they went straight to the
city attorney and I got "the letter" regarding my "pets". I called the city
attorney's office and they laughed. Said that the complaint was a first.
Unfortunately the letter, detailing fines,etc. was nothing, imo, to laugh
at. At the time I thought it was new neighbors across the way, but it is
now obvious who has the problem. If I don't do something about it, I could
be fined and even told to fill in the pond as it could be considered as
harboring a nuisance animal. If I was an activist I could probably take
this all public and make a laughing stock out of my neighbors, but one
never knows.... and I'm not willing to risk it.

As far as keeping the peace with them, I doubt that's possible. After they get their way on this,
they will be bolder with the next complaint.

We've already removed a tree for them, it was dropping little olives on
their truck, even though he has a huge driveway and could have parked it
elsewhere. Then 2-3 months later he sold it! Now a gosh-ugly trailer,
always filled with junk is parked in the same location. :-( I'm half
tempted to replant another tree.

BTW - Didn't your son or sons have a band at one time - how did the
neighbour deal with that??

Naaa, that was Kathy's. But if I win the lottery, I may sell cheap to the
right LARGE MUSICALLY INCLINED family, must have LOTS of teenagers with
noisy cars, etc. In the meantime, we do have one nasty noisy macho chipper
we could start up. DH has a BIG maple to take down, so it should be running
lots this spring/summer. beg About the time they complain about that, to
my husband, well that should be interesting indeed. Since the tree & frogs
were my soft spot. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us