Old 10-04-2007, 06:40 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Eible Watercress

On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 08:13:27 CST, "Peter Corser" wrote:

Peter, thanks so much for sharing your experiences. A 29 yo pond, wow.

Watercress should be very hot & peppery -

Well... hot & peppery probably is equal to bitter on my tongue. ;-)

problems) and we always take fresh watercress to our dances or party nights
and the watercress always runs out.

Maybe they are fellow pond keepers and are taking it home as a pond plant.
:-) Apparently it is a locale taste. Here the grocery stores only started
carrying it because pond people started asking for it. Then they found some
of the immigrants would buy it as FOOD. Still, stores don't always carry
it.

One method which might make it more palatable

Sounds like work.... and the willingness to acquire the taste. (I don't
drink beer either for that reason.) :-)

If all else fails watercress is a marvellous natural activator for a compost
heap/maker!

Now this I can use... if the koi don't eat it first. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us