Old 10-04-2007, 01:49 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default Help for a canna novice

On 4/9/07 8:48 AM, in article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Hello all.

For what ever reason, my mom gifted me with a canna tuber (Madame
Butterfly
to be specific).

OK - there is still snow on the ground here in NH and it isn't going to be
warming up soon. SO, should I pot it up and let it get started in the
house
until late May? Or leave it as is until later this month? How big a pot?

HELP!

Cheryl

Yeah, you can start it early. You'll get earlier flowering that way. The pot
size should be obvious based on the size of the tuber.

A better question is how deep a pot...