Old 10-04-2007, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default is this the way with amaryllis?

On 10/4/07 11:37, in article
ws.net, "Oxymel of Squill"
wrote:

I saved the seeds from the big vulgar trumpet plant a couple of years ago
and now have a pile of healthy looking plants in pots in the greenhouse.
Can anyone tell me are they likely to flower, and can I plant them in the
garden or will they need to be indoors?
ta
Dave

I don't see why they shouldn't flower but whether they flower true is
another matter. You might have some interesting hybrids in there! They're
indoor plants in this country though you could put them outside in pots in
the summer. I think rain on the petals would probably spoil them, though.
They're becoming increasingly popular with florists for sale as cut flowers.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk